Come discuss data-driven research ideas, problems, implementations, etc. with our team of dedicated data scientists to help formulate your research questions, approaches, and learning plans.
DATALAB WEEKLY (VIRTUAL) OFFICE HOURS SCHEDULE*
Drop-ins are welcome. If you require more extensive help, you may be requested to schedule a consultation.
How do virtual office hours work?
- Review the Zoom tips, below, to prepare for the call.
- Join the Zoom office hours call on Mondays between 1:30-3pm to enter the main room. You will need to enter the password (datalab) to join.
- Introduce yourself by typing into the chat window your full name, UC Davis affiliation (what department or grad group you are in), and a brief 1-2 sentence description of the problem you want help with.
- A DataLab member in the main room will then assign you to the most appropriate breakout room where you can talk with one of our data scientists about your problem.
- Copy and paste the intro information you posted in the main room into the chat window in your assigned breakout room to introduce yourself to y our helper.
- You can switch back to the main room or leave the call at any time. Please type “bye” in the chat window before you leave so we know that you intentionally left and that it wasn’t a dropped connection.
Similar to in person office hours, we are often helping multiple people at once. We appreciate your patience and help following the steps above to create a smoother experience for everyone. If our queue is long and/or you have a particularly challenging or complex problem, we may ask you to come back the following week.
Please note that our Fridays 2-4pm General & Health Sciences (Blaisdell Medical Library, Sacramento) office hours are not available at this time. We encourage you to join the virtual Zoom office hours on Mondays. If you are a researcher working on COVID-19 and need immediate assistance with a data science challenge contact us at email@example.com and we will try to get back to you as soon as possible.
*Please note exceptions for University holidays and academic breaks.
ZOOM TIPS FOR VIRTUAL OFFICE HOURS
New to Zoom? Here are some resources to check out before you join a call.
REQUEST A CONSULTATION
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a research or training consultation. Please note that we will typically refer you to attend office hours before scheduling a consult.
For general statistics questions we recommend you see courses at UC Davis, the Stats Lab and Biostatistics office hours.
Check out the DataLab’s community ‘Research Clusters’ and partner ‘User Groups’ for more ways to engage with help and learning communities at UC Davis.