Health Data Science
A UC Davis DataLab Research and Learning Cluster
The Health Data Science Research and Learning Cluster (HDS RLC)’s focus is on computing systems and approaches, data security technology, and analytic drivers to advance research on health data. Examples of foci areas include secure virtual computing platforms for advancing machine learning capabilities and analysis on protected health information (PHI) data.
This new cluster will serve as a hub for the community with bi-weekly meetings, short lectures and thematic discussion groups, and will serve as a home for the interdisciplinary scholars in computer science, health informatics, and data science to develop next-generation systems for health data science research. Membership is open all members of the UC Davis Health and UC Davis communities.
Reasons to join the cluster include:
- Learning the challenges and opportunities in systems engineering and applied data sciences on health data;
- Design, develop and use scalable and powerful computing systems that allow for data integration, analysis and sharing of protected data;
- Discuss models and systems for advancing research computing and data sharing in health informatics;
- Access DataLab and other health and research computational resources;
- Connect with and receive advice from diverse peers across UC Davis and UC Davis Health campuses;
- Open source and reproducible data enthusiasts and health-hackers welcome.
Winter 2022 Events Schedule
|February 4||Meet the 2022 Translational Health Data Science Fellows||Charlie Fornaca, |
Linh Nguyen Ngoc Le,
Luca Cerny Oliveira,
|February 18||Roundtable Discussion on Synthetic Data Utility and Evaluation||Charlie Fornaca,|
Fall 2021 Events Schedule
|October 8||Joint Info Session||Vladimir Filkov,|
Jason Adams, and
Nicole A. Capdarest-Arest
|October 22||Synthetic Data Demo||Charlie Fornaca|
|November 5||How Data Science is Transforming Our Government||Mike Bhatt,|
|November 19||Workshop: Model Validation for Applied Data Science||Wesley Brooks|
|December 3||Leveraging Data to Build Better Image-Guided Minimally Invasive Therapies||Roger Goldman|
Meeting Time and Location: Please submit a request to join the group’s announcement list (email@example.com) to receive Zoom login credentials and additional meeting information.
Past Presentation Content
- Joint Info Session – October 8th, 2021: Presentation slides
- Synthetic Data Demo – October 22nd, 2021: Presentation slides, handout, video demonstrations
- How Data Science is Transforming Our Government – November 5th, 2021: DHCS Data 101 presentation slides
- Roundtable Discussion on Synthetic Data Utility and Evaluation – February 18th, 2022: Live notes document
For inquiries about the Health Data Science group, contact Vladimir Filkov at firstname.lastname@example.org or Charlie Fornaca at email@example.com