- This event has passed.
WiDS Datathon Onboarding and Q&A
February 15 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
The 6th Annual Women in Data Science (WiDS) Datathon is open until March 1, 2023. This year’s Datathon focuses on utilizing data science to better prepare and adapt to the challenges caused by climate change and extreme weather events. Participants are challenged to blend machine-learning and physics-based forecasts to improve long-term weather forecasting, thereby helping communities and industries adapt to the challenges of climate change. Whether a beginner or experienced data scientist, everyone is welcome to participate. The Datathon is open to individuals or teams of up to 4, and at least half of each team must be individuals who identify as women. The WiDS Datathon dataset was created in collaboration with Climate Change AI (CCAI). Winners will be announced at the WiDS Worldwide Conference on March 8, 2023.
Learn more about how you can get involved with WiDS at Davis by clicking here!
Register for the Zoom link to the Davis WiDS Datathon Onboarding and Q&A session at 12 pm on February 15 where we’ll cover:
– What the Datathon is all about
– Signing up for the Datathon
– Getting registered on Kaggle
– Joining the WiDS Datathon Slack organization
– Forming and finding a team by connecting with other participants
– Exploring existing notebooks, tutorials, and other Datathon resources
- February 15
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- Community, Events, Events_Sidebar
- Event Tags:
- #upcoming_events, FTD