- This event has passed.
Introduction to Basic Statistics in R (Part 1)
February 11, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Registration is required. You will receive a confirmation once you are accepted into the workshop and a communication with the workshop materials and Zoom links.
This workshop is open to all members of the UC Davis community. DataLab Affiliates receive priority registration.
- Calculate sample summaries and estimate population parameters
- Work with distributions: generate random numbers, calculate quantiles and p-values
- Calculate confidence intervals
- Bootstrap statistics
- Compare data from two or more different groups
- Estimate and interpret linear models
- Identify common violations of regression assumptions
- Power calculations
Prerequisites: Learners should be proficient at using R and have the latest versions of R, RStudio, and Zoom installed on their computers.
Instructor: Dr. Wesley Brooks is a research data scientist at DataLab. He holds a PhD in Statistics and an MS in Biostatistics from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, where he taught statistics as a lecturer before joining DataLab. He was a postdoc in the Ecostats lab at the University of New South Wales, Australia, studying point processes and ecological statistics. His interests span from statistical computing to spatial statistics, nonparametric regression, and multimodel inference.