- This event has passed.
Developing Your Data Science Portfolio
February 14 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Description: How can you demonstrate your technical skills to a potential employer, supervisor, funder, or collaborator? During this workshop we will discuss digital (online) portfolios, which complement your CV/resume by showcasing your coding, data visualization, data analysis, mapmaking, and other skilled technical abilities. We will discuss various purposes for digital portfolios, the components of a digital portfolio, methods and tools for creating one, and considerations for carefully curating and presenting your work in an engaging manner. This workshop is being offered in conjunction with UC Love Data Week 2023 (https://uc-love-data-week.github.io/).
- By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- – Identify personally relevant reasons to create a digital portfolio
- – Describe basic components of a digital portfolio
- – Identify tools for creating and curating their digital portfolio
- – Find examples of digital portfolios related to their career goals (programmers, data scientists, geospatial scientists, etc.).
Prerequisites: There are no prerequisites for this workshop. Recommended: Please have an updated copy of your CV or resume for reference, and a list of recent projects or skills (if applicable).
Software: A web browser (for example, Chrome or Firefox)
Instructor: Michele Tobias
Location: Zoom. Click link below to register for this workshop.
Cost: Free of charge.