- This event has passed.
#maptimeDavis Workshop: Journal Map Figure Design
October 27 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
In this workshop, participants will learn how to make map figures for academic publications such as journal articles and books. Participants will learn how to find and understand art specifications from publishers and how to make maps that fit these specifications. They will also learn strategies for communicating effectively with small maps with limited color pallets.
- Find and understand publisher art specifications
- Apply art specifications to make map figures
- learn strategies for communicating effectively with small maps with limited color pallets
This workshop is intended for researchers with no previous background in figure creation or design. Introductory experience with GIS software and concepts will be helpful but are not required.
Participants should plan to have the following for the workshop:
- A computer with QGIS 3.12+ installed – free open source download at QGIS.org for Mac, Windows, & Linux
- Dowload the workshop data from this Box Repository.
Registration is recommended but not required. Please register here.
#maptimeDavis Workshops & Studio is brought to you by DataLab’s Spatial Sciences Research & Learning Cluster and members of the UC Davis spatial community.