DataLab is seeking a full-time Research Data Scientist to join our team! As a Research Data Scientist at DataLab, you will support academic research at all levels across the university through collaborating on cutting-edge research projects, providing data science consultations, and offering training workshops. You’ll develop infrastructure, open source software, methods, and tools for our research community. You will also have opportunities to support our mission by mentoring and training students, and working with relevant interdisciplinary units across our university. If you are skilled in data science problem solving, enjoy working across a variety of data science tools, and committed to continuous learning and collaboration, consider joining our team!
Note: Initial projects are primarily in the health sciences. We particularly encourage applicants with experience and/or interest in applying data science to cutting-edge medical problems to apply.
DataLab is a highly interdisciplinary, cross-university entity that serves as a hub for researchers and students across domains who are interested in pushing the envelope of research in the digital age. DataLab is housed in the UC Davis Library.
Additional Minimum License/Certification:
- Master’s degree in a data-analytic discipline (e.g., Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or a data-driven disciplinary field), or equivalent experience, training and education
- Experience involving hands-on data science problem solving with real-world, complex data sets. Proficiency in R or Python;
- Experience using advance organizational skills and knowledge to organize, manage, prioritize and work on multiple, dynamic projects; and fulfill assigned tasks and projects including learning new methods and technologies;
- Knowledge and experience applying statistical modeling and machine learning methods to real world problems;
- Knowledge and experience conducting one or more of: web scraping, static and dynamic visualization, text mining, or natural language processing.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA):
- Problem-solving and data manipulation skills;
- Interpersonal and communication skills for research, technical and lay audiences.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.