The annual Women in Data Science (WiDS) Conference returns in March! See below for how to get involved in this worldwide event.
SAVE THE DATE
- WiDS Datathon runs January 4 through March 1, 2023
- WiDS Datathon Davis orientation session February 15, 2023
- WiDS Stanford 2023 Conference on March 8, 2023 (in person at Stanford University)
- WiDS Worldwide Conference on September 14, 2023 (stay tuned for watch party details!)
The 6th Annual Women in Data Science (WiDS) Datathon is open until March 1, 2023. This year’s Datathon focuses on utilizing data science to better prepare and adapt to the challenges caused by climate change and extreme weather events. Participants are challenged to blend machine-learning and physics-based forecasts to improve long-term weather forecasting, thereby helping communities and industries adapt to the challenges of climate change. Whether a beginner or experienced data scientist, everyone is welcome to participate. The Datathon is open to individuals or teams of up to 4, and at least half of each team must be individuals who identify as women. The WiDS Datathon dataset was created in collaboration with Climate Change AI (CCAI). Winners will be announced at the WiDS Stanford Conference on March 8, 2023.
WANT TO JOIN THE WIDS DATATHON BUT NOT SURE HOW TO GET STARTED?
Register for the Zoom link to the Davis WiDS Datathon Onboarding and Q&A session at noon on February 15 where we’ll cover:
- What the Datathon is all about.
- Signing up for the Datathon.
- Getting registered on Kaggle.
- Joining the WiDS Datathon Slack organization.
- Forming and finding a team by connecting with other participants.
- Exploring existing notebooks, tutorials, and other Datathon resources.
Don’t want to wait?! Check out the information here to get started now.
WiDS Davis is an independent event that is organized by DataLab as part of the annual WiDS Worldwide conference organized by Stanford University and an estimated 200+ locations worldwide, which features outstanding women doing outstanding work in the field of data science. All genders are invited to attend all WiDS Worldwide conference events.