Now in our 12th year of training researchers, the UC Davis Bioinformatics Core invites you to attend our upcoming workshop at UC Davis on Microbial Community.
September 3-6, 2019
This workshop covers amplicon-based microbial analysis and methodology using high throughput sequencing technologies. Topics will include:
- Differences between community analysis with amplicons versus shotgun metagenomics and metatranscriptomics
- Experimental design
- Sequence data quality assurance and expectations
- Processing of amplicon reads (using the python application dbcAmplicons)
- Analysis of community structure (using R and vegan)
- Lecture on metagenome assembly and metatranscriptome assembly and annotation
- Post analysis and visualization (using R)
Exercises will be performed with provided datasets, using command-line interaction and with RStudio. This workshop is suitable for beginners, and is also of interest to those with some experience.
For more information and to register, go to https://registration.genomecenter.ucdavis.edu/.
If you would like to view documentation from previous bioinformatics workshops, go to: https://bioinformatics.ucdavis.edu/training/documentation/.
Questions about Bioinformatics? Contact us at email@example.com